Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Source of Inspiration: PSAC Blue


"PSAC Blue" is the official color of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference. Its RGB values are R = 0, G = 73, B = 144. This is another color that I often use when designing things for The Rocket. Slippery Rock is a member of the PSAC and so I often use this color when talking about SRU in respect to the other PSAC schools. I like this color because I think it's a really good looking shade of blue. I also think it works very well as a background with white text or visa versa.

This is the PSAC logo and you can see the PSAC blue color is used throughout.










This is a graphic I made this week that was posted to The Rocket's Twitter. This particular athlete won a weekly award from the PSAC and so I used the PSAC blue color when talking about that award. I then used pantone 342 (Slippery Rock green) when talking about her individually.






I also use PSAC blue throughout the print editions of the newspaper, mainly when talking about things that happen in the conference or conference standings.

No comments:

Post a Comment